Monday, December 27, 2010

M:67/P:56: Recovering From Christmas

Hola Familia,

I´m glad to hear that everyone´s enjoyed the holidays.  I´ll tell you what, I´m feeling pretty out of whack after Christmas.  I´m sure I´ll hop back into the groove of things easy enough, though.  It was good to see you all and hear some familiar voices again.  I´m glad to see we´re still an eccentric bunch of wierdoes.  It´ll be nice to come home in about seven or eight months.  My companion probably could´ve used Skype but his mom wasn´t home while we were at the internet place, so, he decided to stick to the phone calls.  It´ll be a shame that Bray won´t be home for my first Christmas back.  I suppose we´ll just have to wait and see what happens.
As for Christmas out here, I have never eaten so much food.  I´m almost sure I ate ten pounds of food the 24th and the 25th.  Five meals on the 24th and four the 25th.  I was gonna puke.  No joke.  I never want to eat so much again.  But with New Years coming, it´s likely I´ve got one more eat-a-thon left.  I will say, though, it was funny to see my companion and I playing cards and gambling with the food.  Winner got to give the loser two spoons of rice.  I lost a lot.  Most people just served turkey, chicken, and/or ham, nothing too strange.
As for Grandpa, I´m glad to hear he´s still got some of his wits about him.  I do feel bad for him, though.
As for the music here, I´m equally surprised that there´s not more musicians here.  The culture, though, doesn´t make it so easy for people to foster a love for piano and choral style singing.  You´ll see what I mean when you get here.  A couple of the churches have the electric pianos, but very few.  I´ve only seen, like, two.
Well, I´ll keep you all updated on the New Year celebrations here.  Enjoy the rest of the season and take care, everyone.
Your Elder in Panamá,
Elder Austin Michael Ascura

No comments:

Post a Comment