Monday, July 5, 2010

M:43/P32: New Mission President

Hola Familia,

So the move is finally underway, huh? Well, it´s about time. Glad to hear everything´s more or less gone smoothly. I imagine that it´ll be even more fun trying to explain where I´m from now that the family will be in two parts. With the big Argentina-Germany game that passed by, everyone talks about it with me because I was born in Germany. USA might have lost, but, hey, I guess I still qualify for the winning team, right? I imagine that this World Cup will be German now, but we´ll see. Anyways, it always does seem to turn out funny how we end up missing the things we didn´t like when we had them. But it´s not the first time we´ve moved, so I imagine that you all will be just fine.

As for Liesy, I´m pretty sure she´ll have me lauging a great deal when I finally head back home. I´m kind of curious to see in what other ways she starts resembling us.

Dez, that little player. All cool while the boy sobs it out, huh? Heartbreaker.

As for Oregon, I think it´ll feel real strange not to head back to that farm to visit the family. I might not have had the one home thing but I think I´d still feel nostalgic returning to areas I´ve been before. That place has a lot of visits invested in it. It´ll be kind of sad to see it go. I hope Grandma isn´t getting overworked with Grandpa. I´m glad that you´ll be able to help out out there, Mom. As for the job, I just hope that the initial weeks of the job isn´t as troublesome as it was in New Jersey. I think that if you can get your foot in the door, you´ll make friends just fine out there. Even if no one says so, you´re a likable person. I learned to be sincere from you.

Anyways, about the news of the mission. President Madrigal has officially left and been replaced with President Ward here. We will have our zone conference tomorrow and interviews soon afterward to get to know him. I´ve heard from someone that he plays hard ball, which is a big contrast from what I had expected: a more relaxed president, even though President Madrigal was pretty laid back. But that´s just rumors. I suppose we´ll see soon.

Right now, it´s raining pretty hard, but it rains on and off in the winter here in Tocumen. Apparently the closer you are to the ocean, usually the more mild the winters are. I´d like to visit Santiago in the winter, though, given as it always seems like there´s storms out there. Just as a note, Dad, if you all are shooting to get me out of here in July or August, that means you´ll be touring the country in winter time. With lots of water. Just something to consider.

As for the work, we´ve had a number of very probable baptisms arise recently, but I don´t know if if we´ll get everything taught and down in this change. We have an entire family that says they´re ready, so it´s a bit of a big deal. Whole families are hard to find. Apparently, they were being taught right before I got here but I had only visited their house once. I´m curious to see what brought about thte change in heart. Other than that, work has been a little slow, though. We need to get back to knocking doors and finding more people to teach. We´ve exhausted so much of our investigators that our usual tactic of always heading to the regular houses doesn´t provide enough work for the day. I expect that this week will be a little better. I hope so, at least.

Thanks for the recipes, Dad. I´ll see if I can plan with the family for a day to do this and we´ll see if I´ve got the Ascura touch with cooking.

Well, I hope everyone´s doing well with all the travel and change. Don´t forget to pray! :D

Your Elder in Panama,
Elder Austin Michael Ascura

No comments:

Post a Comment