Monday, May 10, 2010

Mission Week 35/Panama Week 24: El Día Después Del Día de la Madre

Hola Mi Famila,
Well, given that I just called you last night, I imagine that not a whole lot has changed since then.  I did take a couple of pictures today (during Zone P-Day.  Monday is called Preparation Day, which is their only day to catch up on personal chores, laundry, shopping, and recreation, in preparation for the coming week).  We basically just went to a spot on a river where there were some small boats, fishermen, I imagine. 

I'm glad to hear that the prepartion for moving is going relatively smoothly and that most of the more anxious issues are more or less resolved. 

Well, I don't really know if there's much I can write today.  But I believe there was one issue that we didn't completely resolve and, since I have an abundance of time to write today, I can fix that.  And that issue would be my testimony.

If you are asking if I've had some spiritual experience to confirm to me that the Church is true, the answer is still NO.  However, in my time talking with the Church (in Salt Lake City), I've learned that perhaps that"s (spiritual confirmation) just something I'm not entitled to receive, at least for now.  If you are asking me if I believe that the Church is true and that all the claims it makes are true as well, the answer is YES.  I have examined nearly everything I've wanted to and can reach no other conclusion than that the Church is true.  However, my testimony is based on something different than what the majority of people base theirs on, I'm fairly sure.  As far as being an emotional and highly spiritual person goes, I'm really not either of those.  Not to say that it's not something I'm capable of, but those are traits that aren't as dominant in my personality.  I still feel strange promising people spiritual experiences when they're not something I'm abundantly familir with, but I have no qualms with saying the Church is true.

Well, I think that covers just about everything.  I wish you all the best of luck with all your endeavors and hope you all take care.  You all are in my prayers.

Your Elder in Panama
Elder Austin Michael Ascura

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Austin! I just read your profile. I'm Penny Lane Ascora, from Philippines. I know your dad, Mike Ascura through Teofilo Ascura of Miagao, Iloilo Philippines. I'm a granddaughter of Anastacio Ascura of Concepcion, Iloilo, Philippines. I'm here working at Topeka, Kansas. My email ad: pinky_a101@yahoo.com. Can I request your dad's contact number or email... I'm so excited to know and meet my relatives. Keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny Lane. What an interesting name, by the way. Your name is spelled with an 'o' rather than a 'u'. Is there a reason why? Sorry for replying so late, but I don't get to view this blog often. My parents are managing this and post information when I send it to them. My dad's email is michael.ascura@us.army.mil. Good luck.

    Elder Austin Michael Ascura

    ReplyDelete