Monday, March 22, 2010

Mission Week 27/Panama Week 18: Back on Track--Sisters Move In The Area

Hola Familia,
Alright!  That's more like it, everything working smoothly.  First off, thanks for all your help getting the entire mail account thing switched up and taken care of.  I was beginning to worry that I'd have a real three ring circus rigging up a new email account.

Let's see, now; where to begin.  Ah, almost forgot.  Happy Birthday, Riss (Carissa).  I know it's a bit late, but I did remember it was your birthday when the day came.

Well, Braden, I am thoroughly impressed by your progress.  That is a pretty tight setup you got working; keep up the good work. (no idea, what he is talking about with Braden. That's a secret brother association going on there).

Spencer (Elder Broomhead in Panama) and his search for Jews: I don't know what it is with him and Jews.  Glad to hear that he's doing well.  And almost got pickpocketed???  Man!

I'm glad to hear that almost everything has been smooth sailing in the home life and hope you all continue to work hard and watch out for each other.

Now, some current events.  In our area, we had a house we lived in and a house that was being prepared for a different pair of missionaries.  Because the last missionaries were relocated for emergency changes, we were sent two Sisters (Sister Missionaries), one who is not yet here and another who was in my first area.  But, because of the neighbors of the new house, the mission had us move all the things from one house to the other and viceversa.  And I don't mean just my clothes and bags; I'm talking bed frames, mattresses, the regrigerator, tables, etc.  After that, we had to assemble the Sisters' beds, which are really tiny as a bunk bed.  I'll have to get the one Sister settled in today and make sure that all my stuff is taken from the house.  I'll likely be called for anything the Sisters need. I doubt that I'll get a thank you for what I've already done for them; oh well.  At least we had the help from a Brother in the ward.

As for today, Elder Castillo left and I have a new companion, Elder Fernandez from Costa Rica.  He arrived here in Panama the same day as me.  He's the senior companion and the new District Leader. I'm curious to see how he works.

Well, I'm running low on time.  Remind me about the experience (that changed his attitude) and anything left you'd like me to do in the next e-mail.  I don't know if I'll remember everything.  You all are in my prayers and I wish you all the best.

Your Elder in Panama,
Elder Austin Michael Ascura

No comments:

Post a Comment