Monday, March 1, 2010

Mission Week 24/Panama Week 15: Another Trio--MTC Buddy is Transferred

It is interesting how the new missionaries are shuffled from place to place without notice.  It was extremely difficult for Austin to move so frequently while trying to plant his feet firmly in the language, mission, and work.  The frequent moves especially with Austin struggling this early in his mission was a great concern for us. But especially at times like these when we don't see the big picture, it is important to recognize, trust, and sustain the Mission President and pray that the frequent moves were by divine inspiration.

Hola Familia,
Guess what?  I'm in a trio again.  Elder Morris just had emergency changes and is getting flown to the other end of the country.  So the area we worked so hard to get ready for two sets of Elders is now back in our hands again: Elder Castilo, Elder Abarca, and me.  I think things will be kind of weird this change with two Latinos and a Gringo, but who knows?  I'm not even sure that this will be the norm for the change, either, but for now, we three cover all of Chorrera Centro again.

As for other things, we had three baptisms this last week.  Two were a somewhat elderly couple that we had been working with forever to get married, stop drinking coffee, and then be ready for baptism.  The other was a youth related to a member who asked to be taught by the missionaries.  As for future baptisms, I think we might have another two soon, but I'm not sure.  We'll see.

I got the package this week (the one we sent in the 2nd week of December).  So far, I'm not in dire need of anything, so if you want to send anything, just know it takes a little while.

Well, time's running short and I still have to write a response to Riss, so I hope you all are keeping well.  You all are in my prayers.

Your Elder in Panama,
Elder Austin Michael Ascura

PS: Austin did not mention the quake in Chile, his ability to write after the quake is an indication he is safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment